Sunday, July 10, 2011

Spinach,Tomato, and Goat Cheese Salad

The summer seems to have finally caught up with food bloggers. I feel soothed to see that I am not alone in starting a post with 'Well, it's been awhile...' So, yes, it has been awhile indeed.

I can't remember the last time I turned the oven on. Instead, kitchen appliances have taken root on my countertops - blenders and grill machines earn their keep in these months. And the cutting board is always in the 'ready' position for those salad fixings to be sliced up.



This salad is a no-brainer really. Spinach and tomatoes, with a bit of basil, goat cheese, and lemon dressing. Yet, I've been eating enough of it lately to feel that it deserves a post, and a picture. So here we are.

Like my comrades wielding their cameras over their dinner plates, I really hope to get some more posts up soon. I've got plans, sure, but it is summer after all, and my darling puppy Saffi keeps begging me to take her on excursions and take super cute pictures of her. Who could say no to this face?


And she has this super-dog ability to find, and gracefully run with, the biggest stick in any region. Shiba Inus are so much fun!



Continue to Recipe...

Recipe: Spinach, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Salad
Serves 1 for a meal / 2 for a side
Eat with Sauvignon Blanc

2 cups (75g) spinach leaves
1 cup (150g) cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 shallot
a few slabs/Tbs of best quality goat cheese (flavoured is good here, with peppers or herbs)
handful of fresh basil leaves, sliced
freshly ground pepper

dressing:
1 Tb olive oil - best one you got
1 Tb lemon juice
teeny pinch of salt and sugar

Wash the greens, chop the veg all up, lay it out on a big plate (or two). Top with the goat cheese and basil slivers. Pepper  In a little cup, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and sugar. Drizzle, toss, and eat!

Dobrou Chut'/ Enjoy.
-- Jo

2 comments:

  1. We have been eating so many salads lately, I'm pretty sure my last four recipe posts were some kind of cold salad. Too hot for anything else! This combo looks delicious, I will have to try it this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful dog! The food looks pretty good, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...